Booting from OTP

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
boeserbaer

Booting from OTP

Post by boeserbaer »

Hi,

I want to run a bootloader utility from OTP, basically it should check for a valid image in flash, and if one is available, then it should boot the most recent image. Since the OTP is just that, are there any suggestions for testing deployment (I plan to initially make runs through booting from flash, and once the bootloader works, to burn it into the OTP. The problem is that it is difficult to replace the part if I screw up. I wonder if one can get special pricing on a large batch of xk-1 boards? Also has anyone heard if one can get pre-burned parts from xmos,? This would make manufacture easier, as they would only need a serial port, and the downloader program we develop, no need fro the xtag tools, and no need for the xtag connector.

Regards, Mike

Andy
Respected Member

Post by Andy »

boeserbaer wrote: I wonder if one can get special pricing on a large batch of xk-1 boards? Also has anyone heard if one can get pre-burned parts from xmos,?
I suspect this is possible if the quantities are high enough. Best to contact XMOS directly via the website.
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

Hi Mike,

If you are interested in purchasing chips in quantity then please contact us through our ticketing system (http://www.xmos.com/secure/tickets) with he details of your requirements and approximate quantities and we can handle your request appropriately.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.