Debugging XUD Calls

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
bearcat
Respected Member

Debugging XUD Calls

Post by bearcat »

I am having problems with a XUD_SetData call after some changes to the USB Audio code. I am trying to figure out how to debug this? The problem is MY changes, and not the XUD library. It is difficult to know what it may be without more information about this XUD call and XUD in general. It is being blocked here from XUD_EpFuncs.S:

testct r11, res[r0] // Test whether there is a RESET/SUSPEND exception

I assume there are no tokens at all coming in from XUD, which blocks the thread. I do not know anything about what, how, or why this is used or what conditions, etc. Without more information, I am left guessing and trying whatever makes sence till I get it by chance.

Any suggestions?

monk_is_batman

Post by monk_is_batman »

I assume there are no tokens at all coming in from XUD, which blocks the thread.
The instruction testct will block until a byte of anything arrives in the channel, not just tokens. I have not used the XUD library, but is it possible that you are doing something that it no longer has any data to send through the channel?
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

Decided to debug the stock firmware against my changes. I had not thought of that one yet. Easy to do. That worked well to see what was going on and what variables should be.

I was able to determine that the call was supposed to block, so that was not the problem. It was basically my lack of knowledge of what the XDE was telling me. I was missing a couple includes which caused a compiler directive to be wrong (and XDE was showing me that, but I didn't understand what the gray shading meant).

I now have the analog in data going through a channel instead of shared memory so I can "decouple" the audio and USB.