XK-1 and XScope

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
russf
XCore Addict

Post by russf »

Thanks Corin, for taking the time to check my proposal.

I want all the XK-1s to be interchangeable and usable in a chain or on the XTAG-2, so I was thinking I'd do the patch on input and output sides of both boards.

However, Digikey just granted me an RMA on one of my XK-1s, that I received 2 days before your announcement of the XK-1A,

Checking: On the 1A, you must have switched the out connector as well as the in.

I'm sure we'll hear from Leon shortly.

--r.

segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

Instead of flipping the lanes on any XK-1 board, you can do it on an XTAG2 instead,
and use that XTAG2 for all your XK-1 work.
russf
XCore Addict

Post by russf »

segher you have an analytical way of thinking, that I appreciate and respect. The name De Bono comes to mind. Pure compliment!

The point of switching my one remaining XK-1 (just returned the other) is to 'get with the program'. If I switched the XTAG-2 to match the XK-1, I'd pretty soon have an XTAG-2 that's incompatible with the rest of the XMOS planet.

I'm for the scalpel, Dremel, and wiring pen! Just wrapped up fighting some other stuff, otherwise your point would be moot.

Muahaha! -- My proto-boards arrive tomorrow... gotta get that bringup code done, asap!

;)

--r.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

By the way, you can now use your XK-1s with XScope, courtesy of pytey.

https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1214