About

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
GerhardNorkus

About

Post by GerhardNorkus »

Hi All! Back on January 08, 2010, Trousers submitted the following: 

Heater wrote:
Jumping the gun a bit but the next question is - What do I need to do for a service that may not be powered up at the same time as the XMOS device or may be on a pluggable connection, on a different board say?

You can add attribute to the Link node: Flags="noinit"

i.e. the link section becomes:

Code:
  <Links>
    <Link Encoding="2wire" Delays="1,1" Flags="noinit">
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="master" Link="X0LC"/>
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="1" Link="X1LC"/>
    </Link>
  </Links>

This will cause the mapper to not initialise the xlink in question on the assumption that the application will enable and initialise it later.

XC IO will block if attempted before the xlink is activated.

I have 2 XK-1A's attached, and a link between nodes C and D. I have verified that this has an effect in version 13 tools. It successfully prevents the attempt to set up links in the first loadable sections of the XE file. . However, I'm not sure if it can really help. It seems to block when wakeCore is called in the _main. It seems to be trying still to read the remoteChanEnd. I looked at the disassembly. Any clues to prevent the main routine from calling the remoteChanEnd? OH CODE FAIRY...DO YOU STILL EXIST? DO YOU HAVE ANY WORDS OF WISDOM? : > Thanks in advance. I have also attached my sample code. It's simple sample code....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.