Halting debugger & switching cores?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

Halting debugger & switching cores?

Post by Interactive_Matter »

Hi,

I got strange problems with my program on XMOS (does not matter what, will find it out). But on thing puzzles me with the debugger:

I can halt the whole XMOS to see what it is doing. But I have not yet found a button or something to switch from thread to thread to see what the different threads are doing and why they are not doing what I intended.

The debugger window only shows me one core and there only one thread.

Am I missing something in the IDE?

Thanks

Marcus

Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Im also asking my self that since after like a year i just updated to the latest tools yesterday and now debug only shows the thread you halted in instead of a list of all cores and threads. Is there a setting in the new tools to get that back?
kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

Hi,

The issue with the threads in the Debug view is known and has been fixed this end. This fix should be available in a point release avaliable soon (11.2.1). (It was caused by a late change that unfortunately slipped through our testing unnoticed!). Apologies for this.

Cheers,
Kris.
Interactive_Matter
XCore Addict

Post by Interactive_Matter »

No problem,

Just thought I was to dumb to use the tools.

Marcus

Looking forward to that release.

BTW: Really like the tools. Lots of things can be improved. But what I got right now is really great.

Whishlist:
- it seems that unsigned/signed conversion does not seem to throw a warning (my ipression - can be wrong)
- better code completion for XC
- better source code auto formatting for XC (port <: value; ends up ugly)

Overall: grats!
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

The 11.2.1 tools are now available on xmos.com, this should resolve your debugger issue.