G4 512BGA Eagle lib?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Vaati

G4 512BGA Eagle lib?

Post by Vaati »

Just wondering if anyone's made a 512 BGA component in Eagle for the G4 before I spend a few hours poring over a single page of a datasheet and pressing [alt+tab] every few seconds.... :mrgreen:

ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

I only did the BGA144 :(, sorry.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Same here with the 144BGA,
I imported the 512BGA into Altium designer instead, but via a binary->ACSII file conversion with help of a Mentor tool.

I believe that Eagle will test your patience, with a 512 BGA.
Handrouting is not funny at all in Eagle, and the fully automatic router is far from perfect.

Why doesn't anyone build things with the 144 BGA by the way?, You might need a small heatsink, but with filled vias it more space beween the balls compared to the L2.
It was rather easy to escape the routes, when I played with it a little (along time ago)
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

The '144 package is a good option. I Originally wanted to use it but I did not find a suitable pcb manufacturing company. I'll try this Chinese company octal told us about, but not with a BGA.
A stamp-sized module with enough IO should be a real seller, I think with either a G2 or a G4.
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

Batchpcb.com

'nuff said.

Their 4 layer boards are $8/in^2, with a $10 flat service fee.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Vaati:

Sadly they only do 6 mils traces/spacing and that is not enough for a 0.8 mm BGA. You need 0.125 mm (5mils). :) I already saw that site, I think the Chinese at custompcb are the best option :) Anyone care to test them ?
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

this was the main reason I mentioned in my post only the high capabilities factories.
did you checked http://www.multipcb.de/eng/sites/pool/index.html ???

http://www.custompcb.com/ are closed up to Feb 9th (I think cause of Chineese new year).

Regards