Group buy: SMSC USB3318 ULPI PHY

Non-technical related questions should go here.
sjalloq

Group buy: SMSC USB3318 ULPI PHY

Post by sjalloq »

Hey there,

I'm going to be putting in an order with DigiKey for some of the USB PHY's used on the XMOS development boards. The DigiKey product code is 638-1064-6-ND. I'll be ordering a minimum of 25 so the unit price will be $2.56 not including duy/VAT.

If you'd like one or more then please add a post here and I'll add them to the order. I plan on placing the order in a week so the evening of the 19th will be the cut-off date.

Also, if you want anything else from DigiKey feel free to add it to the order. I reserve the right to ask you for the money first or tell you to shove it if you ask for 100 bench power supplies or similar. :) I reserve the right to just say no as well.

Pricing will be calculated based on the item value + VAT + duty + packaging + shipping and will be required before I ship anything. Bank transfer or cheque only.

Shareef.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Count me in for five
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

I'll take 5 as well.

Try using www.digikey.co.uk as their prices are in sterling and include duties (but not VAT). They have USB3318 listed at £1.93 each.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

And from where will you send it? Are you living in the UK?

The unit price (1 unit) is 2.19 euro. Not much to gain for me...
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

I'm in the UK. What do you mean not much to gain?
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

Hey chaps,

I need to add a few items to the DigiKey order so I hope to place it at the weekend. I'll keep you updated on progress.

As a side note, I've been trying to get hold of the datasheet for the 3318 part and have so far been unsuccessful. I can only assume that the UK disti's don't want to deal with me unless I'm prepared to say that I'm looking for 10K units.

Shareef.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

That's just a data brief, not the data sheet.

I've just requested it via SMSC technical support. I have a feeling that an NDA might be required.

Leon
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Oops sorry it was a preview, didn't look close enough was just concentrating on the landing patterns :?
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

leon_heller wrote: I've just requested it via SMSC technical support. I have a feeling that an NDA might be required.
As Xmos have already used the USB3318 in there design and if there's no NDA, perhaps someone at Xmos could post the data sheet to this thread.