Where do you buy your SMT components/parts?

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
octal
XCore Addict

Where do you buy your SMT components/parts?

Post by octal »

Hello,
I just wanted to know what suppliers are you dealing with when you buy your SMT components (mainly active ones like the power switch and voltages regulators, DELs,...)

leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Farnell and RS, or Digi-Key if the first two don't stock what I need.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

leon_heller wrote:Farnell and RS, or Digi-Key if the first two don't stock what I need.
I also use Rapid Electronics (UK) and Mouser (USA)
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Depending where you are but here in Germany there are a couple of shops Reichelt and CSD that sell SMD parts but something specific and you land in the hands of Digikey, Farnell, Spoerle :)
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Thank you for your answers.
I buy most specific parts from Digikey, sometimes I buy packs of components from ebay (mainly from companies or persons selling their last parts ... I avoid all ebay items provided by chinese companies).
For connectors, and jumpers and some sockets, I buy them from ebay (from chinese companies this time) mainly because they are extremely less expensive on these ones, and for prototyping we don"t need really too high quality on these ones (contrarily to semiconductors like regulator).
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »