Wanted: XMOS Printed Books

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

DanB wrote: XMOS website it says "English: Available November". Is that November 2010 (or prior) and now available? Or is this November 2011?

Cheers,

Dan.
It's Nov 2010. I remember I had that msg on June 2010. Now if you go to add the book to the cart, it's added without problem, so I suppose it's available.
For "Programming XC on XMOS Devices" book, it says "HARD COVER"... I may buy it in this case, as it will serve as a reference book and I'm working more and more with these XMOS devices.

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

octal wrote:
DanB wrote: XMOS website it says "English: Available November". Is that November 2010 (or prior) and now available? Or is this November 2011?

Cheers,

Dan.
It's Nov 2010. I remember I had that msg on June 2010. Now if you go to add the book to the cart, it's added without problem, so I suppose it's available.
For "Programming XC on XMOS Devices" book, it says "HARD COVER"... I may buy it in this case, as it will serve as a reference book and I'm working more and more with these XMOS devices.
Also "The XMOS XS1 Architecture" says "Available in hardback." too! :)

Now, they both say "Discounts available for multiple books. Contact XMOS for further details." - I wonder if one of each book is considered "multiple books" and eligible for discount :p Heh.
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

DanB wrote: Also "The XMOS XS1 Architecture" says "Available in hardback." too! :)
yea ... great. I ordered both books (PRINTED PAPER version) of "Programming XC on XMOS Devices" and "The XMOS XS1 Architecture" right now from XMOS website :)

I hope to receive them very soon!
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Hello DanB,
well I received today my paper books from XMOS.
What should I say? I had the "Programming XC On XMOS Devices" printed on paper and binded.
When I compare it to the received books (with hard covers), I have only onething to say: "GO AND BUY THE PAPER BOOKS" !!! :ugeek:

I personally buy a lot of technical books from Amazon and other sources in paper format (about 20 book per year). What I have to say is that it has been a while since I have never had such clean and quality printer paper books (especially at the price they are sold on XMOS website).

Thank you XMOS!