Won a XDK XS1-G Development Kit, but don't need it

Off topic discussions that do not fit into any of the above can go here. Please keep it clean and respectful.
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

Berni: "Now thats a impressive list of projects you got there! Hows your progress on those?"

Well let's see:

a) A means of running large C/C++ and FORTRAN programs on an XMOS chip from an attached external RAM. Using a virtual machine.

This is "ZOG" my interpreter for/emulation of the Zylin ZPU 32 bit processor. It runs C/C++/FORTRAN programs compiled to byte codes by GCC. There is a version in assembler for the Parallax Inc Propeller chip and a version in C for XMOS. The Propeller chip version is working nicely now with external RAM attached. The XMOS version runs also on the PC and works fine there. For XMOS it just needs some hardware with external RAM to continue development.

Both assembler an C versions can be downloaded from the first page of this forum thread:
http://forums.parallax.com/forums/defau ... 423939&p=1

b) A 6809 microprocessor emulator.

This is actually not my 6809 emulator code but I have it compiled in the XMOS tools and have fitted out with 64K "remote memory" space for the 6809 using channels to borrow memory from other cores on the chip. Again an XMOS board with an attached external RAM would be great here. I have done similar with my Z80 emulator on the Parallax chip plus ext RAM which runs CP/M. I would like to get the 6809 on XMOS to run the Flex OS or One Man Unix (OMU).

Just for fun have a peek at the smallest CP/M computer in the world, complete with 256K RAM, VT100 terminal emulation, hard disk drive emulation on SD Card, keyboard interface etc here http://hackaday.com/2009/12/27/zilog-in-a-matchbox/ That's not my board design but is running my ZiCog Z80 emulator. I'd love to see a board like that with an XMOS on it.

c) Asm code for the Parallax Inc Propeller micro-controller that speaks XLINK protocol to XMOS chips.

It is possible to "bit bang" the 4 wire xlink protocol in and out of the Propeller chip in assembler at 10Mbits/second and so it could be hooked to an XMOS without wasting any precious threads for driving some other protocol. Just use the link hardware.

This is at an early stage only the low level bit banging worked out. Not sure what use this is but the marriage of Propeller and XMOS may be interesting.

That's about it for now.

leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

I've got a Propeller chip interfaced to an XMOS XC-1 board, it could be used for that.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Nice work on the projects Heater!

Anyway back on topic.

An XDK is quite a valuable kit, so i don't think you guys should beg to get it for free. Meaby someone has some other old equipment to give away that he might like? Or just try the already suggested option of e-bay. You might get a buyer if you put a reasonably low price as the price of a new one is too much for most people.
kruedi2

Post by kruedi2 »

OK,
I put it on ebay (item no 300443416989)
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0443416989
Maybe you have to search for the item in your local ebay to have youe favorite language.

In case of any questions pls don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Dietmar

P.S. If a direct link to an ebay auction is not allowed pls delete it.
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

To bad for me I'm in the US.. :cry:
I hope an XCORE developer wins.
Dietmar, I hope you get a fair price.
You did attempt to preempt ebay to the XE community.
You deserve a fair price.
kruedi2

Post by kruedi2 »

shawn wrote:To bad for me I'm in the US..
Why ?
OK, shipping cost will be higher (here 35 €),
but you take advantage of the weak Euro.

Kind regards

Dietmar
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Small price to pay, I'm all in... :P
I have been buying reflow gear,
and need as much cash flow for more.
I'm going to dump my Black Magnisuim Cube with the works.
It should be interesting to see what I'll get for it.
I had at one time 4 cubes and 23 slabs.
I am down to 1 cube and 3 slabs.
When done I'll have 1 slab left for the software and thats all.
They where one of the most solid systems I've had the pleasure
of sucking the life out of. Such a bitching Postscript RIP machine.
Good luck with your auction, I hope I win..

Best Regards,
Shawn
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

shawn wrote:I'm going to dump my Black Magnisuim Cube with the works.
Can you drop in the link here! :-) Thanks.
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Will do that Jonathan, like tomorrow or the next day.
david

Post by david »

Hi Dietmat,
Did you manage to get rid of the XDK XS1-G?

if not I may be interested....

dave