flash with xtimecomposer and command prompt cause different flash content

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
TonyXiao

Post by TonyXiao »

Hi mon2

i am allways doing erase before every xflash, and the flash content is 0xff after erase.
follow your steps, the two files are same, but they are different with yesterday's flash content.
we havn't change anything of the xCore-200 explorer board.and i am doing the test with all the same PC、same cable、same xoms toolchain.

now i don't know which way shall i trust, and how to write the programing guide for our production line.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Perhaps you have enabled flash encryption?
TonyXiao

Post by TonyXiao »

Hi mon2

i am afraid not.i don't think the demp AN00155_explorer_gpio project, have enable such function.
reading the xtimecomposer user guide there are different xflash command: xflash --id ID bin.xe --key keyfile,
i have none of such keyfiles.
for i am not familiar with this secure part, how can i confirm it enable or not?
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Out of interest, are the compression settings different for using xflash under the command line and running it under xTIMEcomposer? Have you tried specifying no compression and checking the flash contents?
TonyXiao

Post by TonyXiao »

Hi CousinItt

having tested this for almost 2weeks, using our board and xcore-200 explorer board; it is strange, some days the two flash methods have the same flash contents, some days are not. when they are different, i have tried use no compression + validation xflash, and found neither of them are same with xtimecomposer xflash content.

for our project i using xtimecomposer xflash debug all the time, for safe i decide to use xtimecomposer xflash method, and read the flash content out, as our production bin file.
TonyXiao

Post by TonyXiao »

Hi all

seems now i find the rule cause the different flash content.
doing this flash content compare test, sometimes i copy out the xe file from the workspace bin file path, and sometimes i cut the xe file, and paste it in a new file path for command flash.
when copy the two methods get the same flash content;
when cut the xe file out, for forget i do flash operate at the xtimecomposer, and it will report Program does not exist at the flash configurations window, close it and do another build, then the two methods get the different flash content as i post here at the begining, the xtimecomposer xflash get the same flash content as before, only command prompt xflash is different with others. in addition when close the Program does not exist window, do clean and build, the two methods get the same flash content too.