Syntax for erasing Explorer Kit flash Topic is solved

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
alwalker

Syntax for erasing Explorer Kit flash

Post by alwalker »

Hi,

I programmed an Explorer Kit module using xflash --id 'adapter ID' filename.xe and would like to erase it.

I've looked at the xTIMEcomposer guide xflash command line chapter, but it doesn't give full syntax examples.

I've tried xflash --id 'adapter ID' --target XCORE-200-EXPLORER.xn --erase-all but get the attached error in Bash, can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Al
Attachments
xflash Bash.png
(54.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
xflash Bash.png
(54.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet

View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Can you apply the --verbose flag to the command line and post the detailed log?
alwalker

Post by alwalker »

Thanks very much for the reply, please see attached. I tried a couple of variations of the sequence with the --verbose flag option, but with no effect.

Cheers,

Al
Attachments
xflash with --verbose.png
(59.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
xflash with --verbose.png
(59.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. I knew I was forgetting something about your posted syntax...after some digging, found the relevant post from Sethu (formerly of XMOS):
If you want to specify a target based on list of targets which are available in XMOS tools, you need to specify as below:

xflash --target <target_file> <binary.xe> ; here you can pass a kit macro name (if one exists)

you can get the list of installed targets from the following directory:
XMOS_xTIMEcomposer_Enterprise_13.2.0/targets/

But If you want to flash to custom board, you need to specify the target file as shown below:

xflash --target-file custom.xn <binary.xe>
So:

review if the file name for the target kit XN file is 100% as you are passing to this command line utility and use:

xflash --target-file XCORE-200-EXPLORER.xn --erase-all

Please post your results.
alwalker

Post by alwalker »

Hi,

Thanks very much, I've been able to erase the flash on the Explorer Kit successfully.

The only issue was that I found that I had to drag the .xn file into macOS Terminal to fully specify the file path for the xflash command to be able to find it.

Kind regards,

Al
Attachments
200128 xflash erase successful.png
(48.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
200128 xflash erase successful.png
(48.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet