Change microphone gain XP-USB-MIC-UF216

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
antonimaco
Member++

Change microphone gain XP-USB-MIC-UF216

Post by antonimaco »

Hi everybody,

I'm using a XP-USB-MIC-UF216 board with firmware "sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2rc1" flashed on this device and working. I just want to use this device as a sound card to capture audio from microphones and process this raw audio signals with my own algorithms.

With this software I'm able to capture audio from the 7 MEMS microphones of this board. However, I'm making some test with a speaker 1 meter away from the "XP-USB-MIC-UF216" board and I check that the audio signals captured have a very low volumen when I listen to them later. I have tried also to capture audio signals (in the same scenario) with Audacity software and the amplitude of the audio signals obtained is the same.

Thus, I would like to ask if you know how to change the microphone gain for this firmware. Could you let me know the paramter I should change if I want to obtain signals with higher volumen. I suppose I have to change any parameter in the code files of this firmware and the reflash my board. am I in the right way??

Thanks in advance.

Antonio

antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

I'm reading the document "USB Audio Design Guide" to see if I can change the microphones gain pressing any of the buttons of the board. Right now only the led in the center of the board is ON and the rest leds are OFF. If I press the button "A" all the leds blaze up and I get higher signal volume in one of the channels captured.

Can someone let me know how to use these buttons and if I can change the microphone gain with them having "sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2rc1" flashed and working in my board.

Thanks again.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Can you apply the compiled firmware for your kit referenced here on the last page and test? Any improvements?

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6064
antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

mon2 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:13 pm Can you apply the compiled firmware for your kit referenced here on the last page and test? Any improvements?

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6064
Thanks for your answer,

Following the instructions in the last page of that topic, and according to the device I have (XP-USB-MIC-UF216) I understand I should install this software:
Download "sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2rc1.zip" from the below link
http://www.xmos.com/support/software/uac2

which is exactly the same firmware I have already flashed on my device.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi.

On the above referenced webpage, can you apply (reflash) the posted compiled .xe file onto your kit?

Does this firmware change the results?