file not found

First time on the site? Say hello here!
nick

file not found

Post by nick »

Hi,
I'm trying to add some directories to an existing project (the application note AN00203 from XMOS). I'm using XTimeComposer on Mac.
I've attached a screenshot of my project directories.
On build, I get a fatal error message because of a file not found. The file is located in another subdirectory of the "a2bstack" directory (added in my project).
I've already tried to add the path of the "a2bstack" directory in: "Project properties -> C/C++ General -> Path and Symbols -> Includes", but didn't work.
Then I tried to add the same path in the makefile but without success. I got the same build error.

Where do I have to add the path of new directories?
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fabriceo
XCore Addict

Post by fabriceo »

Hi, well usually just doing a "clean" before "build" solve this kind of things :)
nick

Post by nick »

Hi fabriceo,
thank you for your answer. I tried but it didn't work. I also tried to re-index the projects but it didn't work as well.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Can you review this webpage and post your results?

https://help.eclipse.org/2019-12/topic/ ... ludes.html
nick

Post by nick »

Thank you mon2.
I don't see some of that settings in xTime Composer. I've already tried to add the path in the general settings (as the webpage you posted says), without success.
I managed to add a global path in the includes and this fixes the include problem of the files. But it seems that I can't use some peripheral (like XMOS timers) in the files that I added in my project.
For example:
I included the file "xs1.h" and then I declared I timer. The error I get is "use of undeclared identifier timer". As though it's not including the XMOS file.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Can you try the AN00174 for the StartKit? Just start a fresh workspace -> left bar in IDE -> Examples -> search for AN00174 and double-click to import and then select to Build All. The tool will auto import any missing files and/or libraries.

Does this project build for you without errors?

Review the source code for this project as it is based on timer usage.

I am suspecting that you are facing a local issue with the MAC OS. Which tool version are you using? OS details?
nick

Post by nick »

I noticed that the extension of the file in which I was working was .c instead of .xc. Changing the extension in .xc solved the problem with the timer.
I solved the issue with the inclusion of the files using global paths.
Anyway I'm using XTimeComposer 14.4.1 on OS 10.14.6.

Thank you for your reply