Just starting with xCORE-200 MC Audio Board - Issue with customdefines.h

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
alwalker

Just starting with xCORE-200 MC Audio Board - Issue with customdefines.h

Post by alwalker »

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest software for the xCORE-200 MC Audio Board from the XMOS website, and it all seems to build ok using Clean, apart from quite a number of warning messages related to unused parameters etc, and it creates an executable file with the name app_usb_aud_vk_216_mc_1i2o2xxxxxx.xe in a folder named 1i2o2xxxxxx. Using Run Configurations in the XDE selects this file and downloads it to the MC Audio Board without issue. It's possible that the Makefile is doing the overriding instead, but looking through it, it's not obvious how one of the multiple configurations might do this.

1i2o2xxxxxx appears to match the configuration in devicedefines.h, except that USB Audio Class 1 is identified, rather than Class 2. It appears that customdefines.h is not overriding devicedefines.h. I believe the default configuration should create a bidirectional 2-channel USB interface, but when I plug in an iPad running the AudioTools app (to generate an audio test signal) into either of the on-board USB connectors, I don't get any audio output via any of the 3.5 mm jack sockets. Likewise, when I connect a test signal to one of the audio input jacks on the board, I don't see an audio input signal in AudioTools' oscilloscope mode.

Any ideas please?.

rgilio

Post by rgilio »

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... ray#p35710

Try going through and following mon2's instructions (last post). I had a similar issue (although I never resolved the 1i202 2io20 issue). I'm on linux so there may some differences.
rgilio

Post by rgilio »

Coming in a a bit after the fact here. Since I was unaware at the time, in order to change your build to the 1i202 to the 2i8o2 version of the build. Click the drop down next to the Build Icon (Hammer) and select 2i8o2 for the build.