Driver USB XMOS for linux

Non-technical related questions should go here.
Eaque483
New User

Driver USB XMOS for linux

Post by Eaque483 »

Hi !
I have bought an amplifier from advance acoustic which need a XMOS driver to run with a computer.
However the XMOS Driver to download on their website isn't working on linux ( https://advance-acoustic.com/fr/element ... 118-x-i-75 ).
I just wanted to know if XMOS was providing a driver that will allow my linux computer to run this ampli.

Thanks a lot !
Eaque

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Hi,

This forum is for people trying to build devices and program Xmos chips - you should contact the supplier of your amplifier for product support.

Its hard for us to know what changes they have made in the software - but it should generally "just work"
Eaque483
New User

Post by Eaque483 »

Hi Ross !
Thank you for answering me, I'm pretty sorry, i thought i was at the right place ! The problem is that i have contacted the supplier but they told me to contact XMOS - which didn't replied me that's why i tried the forum..when you mean "just work" you mean that it should just work without the driver on linux ?
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

I am afraid you really need to approach Advance Acoustic. Palming you off to their supplier when you have spent a lot of money on their product isn't good enough.

What Ross meant by linux just working is that most distros include UAC1 and UAC2 drivers. But you will need to check your Linux distro to see what their support for USB audio classes is. Xmos has never developed a Linux USB audio class driver.
Eaque483
New User

Post by Eaque483 »

Thank you very much for your help and support, i managed to connect my computer whithout a driver ! My apologies for taking your time !