Impossible to import any libraries

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
cmakarski
New User

Impossible to import any libraries

Post by cmakarski »

Hi all,

when I'm trying to add any libraries to my workspace, it says, that

"Software package: XM-009815-SM download failed".

Also, when the tab "Libraries Info" is open and it shows me an XMOS webpage where I should login; and I try to login with my credentials, the login screen just stays the same, prompting me to login.

I can perfectly login to XMOS website using just my normal browser.

I also remember I had to input the key by hand when I was activating the xTIMEComposer.

There is no proxy needed and configured on my PC, also no firewall, and the Windows Firewall is turned off.

What can be a problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Czesław

migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

Hi there Czesław,

I've found the issue. This particular library requires that the tools identifies itself with a valid tools key matched to a MyXMOS user on xmos.com.

What may have happened is that you entered your tools key incorrectly and so when xTIMEcomposer was trying to fetch the library from the xmos.com website it didn't recognise the key and refused the download.

Also, what happens with the documentation window, is that because your tools parsed an invalid key, the developer column redirected you to login page. However, the tools doesn't receive a new tools key from this login and continues to send the old invalid tools key, which continues to fail to show you the documentation. This is an integration issue between the tools and the website.
I've issue a bug fix to the tools team to look at resolving this issue in a future release of the tools.
And I've updated the website that it won't show you this login page in the documentation window, as it doesn't work.

In the meantime, you can resolve this issue as follows:

Microsoft Windows:
1. Ensure your xTIMEcomposer is closed down.
2. go to C:/Users/[your username]/.eclipse/com.xmos.cdt.ui.product_1.0.0_[some numbers]_win32_win32_x86/configuration/.settings/com.xmos.devcolumn.core.prefs
3. Line 1 of this file contains the Tools Key it has stored for your tools

If you login to your MyXMOS account in your browser and re-copy your Tools key and paste it into this file and save it, then when you open up your xTIMEcomposer again, it should parse the correct key and everything should be working once more.

Sorry, Mac and Linux users I'm not sure where the Tools Key setting is stored. Perhaps others could find it and comment.

Kind Regards,
Miguel
andrewxcav

Post by andrewxcav »

Linux:

$HOME/.eclipse/com.xmos.cdt.ui.product_1.0.0_908200848_linux_gtk_x86_64/configuration/.settings/com.xmos.devcolumn.core.prefs
cmakarski
New User

Post by cmakarski »

Thanks for your help. I can now browse the 'Examples' page and 'Libraries Info', however when trying to add a library to a workspace it still says 'Software package: XM-007519-SM (or similar) download failed'.
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

I'm not sure why you still can't download the libraries into the workspace, generally if you can see the library information, you should be able to download it.

If you check a random selection of libraries, are you able to drag any of the libraries into your workspace, or do all of them fail?

Perhaps you could try to clear the cache on within the xTIMEcomposer under Window -> Preferences -> xTIMEcomposer
cmakarski
New User

Post by cmakarski »

All of them fail, and cleaning the cache, unfortunately, does not help. Should I run the xTIMEComposer in the Debug moge or something?
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

I'm afraid this is one for the tools team. I'm not too familiar with how to debug issues like this within the tools.
jems
Member++

Post by jems »

In this situation, you must temp. close/disable your antivirus. Because it is blocked you get any data from the server.
I hope this solution may work fine for you.