startKit as a USB mouse Topic is solved

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
rithesh

startKit as a USB mouse

Post by rithesh »

I hacked the explorer accelerometer example into my startKit: now I can read accelerometer values and can display it on xTimeComposer console (Thanks to the community for their valuable input). I would like to use this information to control the mouse pointer on screen. Any inputs?

Or, in other terms, how can I use my accelerometer as a mouse, via startKit?

Thanks,
Rithesh

View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

USB HID Mouse:

https://www.xmos.com/zh/support/appnotes/AN00129
The HID uses XMOS libraries to provide a simple mouse example running over high speed USB. The code used in the application note creates a device which supports the standard requests associated with this class of USB devices.

The application operates as a simple mouse which when running moves the mouse pointer on the host machine. This demonstrates the simple way in which PC peripheral devices can easily be deployed using an xCORE device.

Note: This application note provides a standard USB HID class device and as a result does not require drivers to run on Windows, Mac or Linux.
rithesh

Post by rithesh »

Are you sure I can use this class for the startKit? The application note says that it is designed to run on xCore-USB series devices, while startkit belongs to the analog series.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

The USB interface on the startkit is dedicated to the XTAG programmer.
This kit is not suitable for USB development.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Bianco wrote:The USB interface on the startkit is dedicated to the XTAG programmer.
This kit is not suitable for USB development.
^^^ this
rithesh

Post by rithesh »

Thank you all,
That was an eyeopener to me! So, what is the next easiest (cheapest) option for me? Do I use the USB sliceKit? OR, can I use a USB to i2c breakout to send control signals to the computer from the startKit?

With Regards,
Rithesh
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

I think this is the cheapest board with USB available from xmos: https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18230
rithesh

Post by rithesh »

The explorerKit! :) Thanks. Just placed an order. Hopefully, I am able to run the USB HID mouse example on it! :)
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »