USB-based with autonomous capabilities (SD card), multi-plateform, multi-axis, high-speed and flexible CNC controller unit.
The winning project and 10 'runners up' were chosen by Matt Fyles, our Director of Software Tools Development.
Another thread will follow for the next round poll.
As a lot of people seemed to like the Analog sliceKIT offer and competition that we ran over the last couple of months, we're going to do something again, but with a few improvements!
This time there are 3x XMOS USB sliceKITs up for grabs!
This means there is now also 3 chances of winning:
[list][*]Kit 1, like last time, will go to the Project idea which will be picked by an XMOS staffer[/list]
[list][*]Kit 2, will go to the winner of a Community poll[/list]
[list][*]Kit 3, will go to the person with the highest number of Activity Points for the month of July.[/list]
- The winner for Kit 1 and the 10 entries for Kit 2 will be picked by an XMOS staffer on Mon 14th July
- A poll will then run for one week, from the 14th-21st July, the winner of which will receive Kit 2
- Finally, the winner of Kit 3 will be announced on Aug 1st, based on the final leaderboard positions for July.
What do I need to do?
Kit 1 Competition Details:
- Each person is allowed to submit a single "Project Idea" by posting it in this competition thread.
- Unlike last time, we will not be asking you strictly adhere to 10 words. Entries can be upto 20 words, and any number less than this will also be accepted.
- Project Ideas should cover what you would use the kit for, should you win.
- At midday (BST) 14th July. This round of the competition will close.
- Entries will be put into a list based on when they were posted, the usernames will be removed and the XMOS staffer picking the winner will not know which Project Ideas belong to whom.
- XMOS staff are not allowed to enter the competition
- 10 'runners up' will be picked alongside the 'winner' of Kit 1. These 'runners up' will go into a Poll for the community to vote on a winner.
- The poll will run for 1 week (or just under, given time taken to pick the 10 and update xcore.com) from 3pm (BST) on the 14th July - Midday (BST) 21st July
- XMOS staff will be eligible to vote in the poll
- The winner will be announced when the poll closes at Midday 21st July.
- Kit 3 will go to whoever has acquired the most activity points (using the new system) in July.
- Gaming the system is strictly prohibited! Anyone thought to be manipulating their points total unfairly will be asked to put their reasons to the moderators.
- Anyone found trying to cheat the system will be ineligible for this competition and any further competitions run in 2014.
- At the start of the competition you will be able to view the points leaderboard retrospectively (ie view your total score for the previous week). We hope that by the closing weeks of the month, we will be able to provide a real-time leaderboard.
- XMOS staff will not be included in the final standings, although they may still appear in the leaderboard
3 Kits, 3 rounds, 3 chances to win.
Any 'winner' can choose to drop out. In the event of this happening, the kit will go to the next runner up in that round. In the event that the winner of Kit 1 declines the kit for some reason. Kits will be offered to the 1st and 2nd place positions of the community poll.