Beta home page

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

nassim wrote:nice work phalt, just about "Code" is it github or some thing else (like github, than code)

Github is code because only code is stored there.
Projects are complete projects that include pictures, videos and hardware.

That is the distinction I've tried to make (as we've always struggled to separate the two).

If it's not instantly recognisable as that then I've failed :(

nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

ah, ok ;)
but i think it will be better (i think it has discus many times before using git or svn) to do just one section for project, the front page is the same as it now (wiki, video, image) but the source code is all from github and not download directly (maybe download the most stable version from git). and we can see what all change in source without exit from the website (xcore).
opencore.org is good example :)
phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

nassim wrote:ah, ok ;)
but i think it will be better (i think it has discus many times before using git or svn) to do just one section for project, the front page is the same as it now (wiki, video, image) but the source code is all from github and not download directly (maybe download the most stable version from git). and we can see what all change in source without exit from the website (xcore).
opencore.org is good example :)
I had this exact idea - making just one section for projects and letting everyone link to the source code on github and also the packages used in the project, which they could then search by to see what projects use a certain package.

So you'd just have one seamless upload experience which would save you time.

The downside is - everyone has to use github (some people don't want to) and you'd need a github account, or the xcore account would be full of projects and not just the packages!
Gravis
Experienced Member

Post by Gravis »

from the "Forum" section of XCore you can go to the "Tutorials" section just fine. however, if you are in any other section you get redirected to http://xcorelive/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

also, the "Code" section uses the old layout.

just thought it would be nice for someone to fix it.
norman

Post by norman »

is it possible to handle the underscore in the search section ? often confusing and hard to search for example. thanks !
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

@Gravis Thanks, this has been fixed.

@norman not sure what you mean, can you give me an example? of a search query with an underscore in it and what you expect to see. I'll see what I can do.
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

@norman I've fixed the search. I realized you meant search with hyphens. let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.
norman

Post by norman »

indeed, i was not very clear. I mean if you search for example for : mac_address , if there any used, the search return +mac + address and for : "mac_address", return "mac address" without the underscore.