Hobbyist friendly XCORE-200 board

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Endre

Hobbyist friendly XCORE-200 board

Postby Endre » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi,

Is there any board for that purpose? I mean something like the R-PI Pico, Teensy, Arduino, Bluepill etc. I was looking for it for I while but didn't find anything. Wouldn't it make the platform more popular?
mon2
XCore Legend

Postby mon2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Good luck finding inventory of the XMOS devices. No firm ETA and very little if any stock at crazy pricing. The official kit from XMOS is recommended if doing any development work. Not aware of any other available tool. You may be able to 'hack around' with a finished audio board off Aliexpress if using the same CPU as your target.
fabriceo

Postby fabriceo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:29 pm

I ve been using the DIYINHK board. you ll need an external 3v3 supply.
GeorgeIoak

Postby GeorgeIoak » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 pm

+1 on the DIYINHK board and they were available at least 1 month ago. Good luck getting any support from them. They respond to requests but provide no real information back.

For initial testing what I did was mount the USB 4-pin header on the board and then plugged in a small 5V to 3.3V switching regulator on that header. That header conveniently provides a 3.3V pin so using that you can now just plug in a USB C cable and begin your work.

If you do get the DIYINHK 768k board I've attached some notes and the pin assignments (sorry, it's a bit messy) but hopefully it makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.