xCORE-XA with ARM core (not) flashable?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
aclassifier
Respected Member

xCORE-XA with ARM core (not) flashable?

Post by aclassifier »

I have brought this up in [1], but now I am starting this as a new thread.

I am stuck and don't know how to flash the code on my obsoleted xCORE-XA Core Module board. I have tried "everything".

I will try not to bring this thread to a full stop by my own, too many words, this time. But I will refer to a blog note where all I have tried is shown [2]. But the crossing pont between xTIMEcomposer and SEGGER seems to be of vital interest? (14.4.1 should support it, ..plus SEGGER..?)

[1] AN00141 "xrun: Invalid executable file passed" for xCORE-XA Core Module
[2] My processor-to-analogue audio equaliser notes (Disclaimer) - no ads, money, gifts etc.
Attachments
fig6_208_argon_speaker_dab_plus_radio_xmos_xcore-xa_battery_bank_power_meter_oyvind_teig_pro.jpg
STUCK WITH A POWER BANK!
(548.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet

--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Saw your other posts on this topic but been swamped in trying to get our SMT line operational. Too much of not fun times.

I know for sure that we have this same ARM XMOS kit in the building and recall testing with the XMOS demo IP and it worked correctly. From memory, believe that the ARM core was licensed from Silabs.

Can try to recreate the demo for similar testing but need a short summary of what you are attempting to compile / do with this board.

No promises on timeline as we need to get our SMT line operational to build some support equipment for this dreaded covid-19 virus.
aclassifier
Respected Member

Post by aclassifier »

mon2 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:41 pm ...
No promises on timeline as we need to get our SMT line operational to build some support equipment for this dreaded covid-19 virus.
This would be more than I dared hoping for! I have planned to publish the code as a zip at my blog, but for now I'll just mail it to you (tomorrow, Sunday). I may still publish it as it is.

There are three external buttons, and I2C display and an I2C AudioMUX from MikroElektronika, containing a TDA7468D audio controller. Just for fun I've put them on individual I2C lines. The thing lets me control the volume, bass and treble of the AudioMUX. That's all. Only XC code of course. So I have made more safety critical systems in my life, I admit. But I thought I should for once use one of the two xCORE-XA boards I had. I have no use for the ARM. But I did add the AN00141 application note there, but I would only need a nop in main, really.

HOWEVER, should anybody else know how to get xflash doing this, nothing is better! I assume a solution could move some more of those boards out of the cupboards?

I stand the chance here to publicly show that I have no pigeon and no hat. Fair enough.

Should you not find any xCORE-XA board I have two and could send the other to you to test on.
--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
aclassifier
Respected Member

Post by aclassifier »

I have given up the xCORE-XA and replaced that board with one of my vacant and flashable startKITs.

It's smaller in size, good for my case.

It's documented in my blog. The code is also there.

And the volume, bass and treble unit that it controls is a treat.

Still, should anybody have the receipt of how to flash the xCORE-XA board, a follow-up here won't hurt, I guess.
--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)