XCORE-200 MC: Port usage when in USB mode Topic is solved

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
ccrome

XCORE-200 MC: Port usage when in USB mode

Post by ccrome »

Hello,
I've been using the XCORE-200 MC board for some time now in USB mode, and it seems to work well.

However, now that I look at the port map, and available pins, I can't figure out why it works at all!

For example, the xcore-200 MC board has LRCLK on pin X0D22. But looking at the port availablility in USB mode (on xCORE-200 PORT MAP [X07017]), and at the datasheet XE216-512-TQ128 Datasheet, Page 20, figure 14, it appears that PORT_1G is used by the USB PHY (for FLAG2). Similarly we have

P1F0 -> X0D13 -> MCLK_XCORE, and also should be USB FLAG1
P1G0 -> X0D22 -> LRCLK, and should be USB FLAG2
P1H0 ->X0D23 -> SCLK, and should be USB TXRDYIN

Why does this work at all?

View Solution
henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

Hi ccrome,

Which tile is the USB PHY connected to - X1 or X0?
It may be X1 which would explain why the ports on X0 aren't used?

Cheers,
Henk
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

USB should be (and is in the ref software) run on tile[1] on that board, those audio ports you mention are tile[0]
ccrome

Post by ccrome »

Ross wrote:USB should be (and is in the ref software) run on tile[1] on that board, those audio ports you mention are tile[0]
Ah, very good! I thought that must be the case, but the spreadsheet I had showed the opposite, so I got confused. Thanks once again Ross!

-Caleb
henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

Hi Caleb,

Is that a spreadsheet that came from XMOS that is wrong? If so, please let us know so it can be corrected.

The XS2 mega port-map for all packages has yellow boxes to indicate that the port will be mapped if USB is enabled on that tile - i.e., depending on which tile you choose to enable USB the ports disappear.

Cheers,
Henk
ccrome

Post by ccrome »

henk wrote:Hi Caleb,

Is that a spreadsheet that came from XMOS that is wrong? If so, please let us know so it can be corrected.

The XS2 mega port-map for all packages has yellow boxes to indicate that the port will be mapped if USB is enabled on that tile - i.e., depending on which tile you choose to enable USB the ports disappear.

Cheers,
Henk
This is the port map I was using: https://www.xmos.com/staffonly/xcore-20 ... es-portmap.

Now I see my mistake: I was reading this as if yellow was the only USB related color, which led met to think that USB was on tile 0. Of course, a quick reading of the source code and/or a better reading of the spreadsheet would have cleared up my confusion. I knew I was missing something...

Looking more closely, I just need to look at green+yellow on tile 1.

Thanks,
-Caleb