XCore 200 MC platform: AVB connection between two boards

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
paolovecchiotti

XCore 200 MC platform: AVB connection between two boards

Post by paolovecchiotti »

I have two XCore 200 MC boards and I would like to establish an AVB connection between them.
I manage to run the AN 202 example on both of them from two different PCs.
Successively I establish a physical link connecting them with an Ethernet cable.
Then an input audio stream is sent to one of the input port of first board, meanwhile a speaker is attached to the respective output port of the second board.

I supposed to be able to listen to the input audio stream from the speaker, but it does not happen.

Reading the AN 202 manual, the connection between a Mac OS to Xcore 200 MC is possible by means of a Thunderbolt port, a Thunderbolt and Ethernet adapter and the dedicated software.

Thus my questions are: does the AN 202 example require additional code to send an input audio stream through AVB protocol? Or a particular setting is necessary, like in the config. file?
In the AN202 example a connection is possible since the dedicated software takes care of the connection?

Thank you for support.

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

I think you may need to enable the built in 1722.1 controller if you want to run without an external one - http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3952
paolovecchiotti

Post by paolovecchiotti »

Thanks for help, everything is working.

As described in the IEEE standards, the AVB communication is possible from a talker to a listener only if a controller takes care of the communication itself.
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Glad it's working for you. Thanks for sharing the update!