XC-1A artwork

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
BrianMiller

XC-1A artwork

Post by BrianMiller »

I have a nice waterproof enclosure but the XC-1A doesn't quite fit around some of the internal structure in the case. If I could cut a small amount of material off two of the corners on one end it would fit perfectly. The issue with that is whether or not there are any internal traces in the way. Looks like it will work just fine, now to find the dremel tool. I'm putting this up for others to examine, hopefully it will save someone the hassle of trying to view the gerbers.

Last edited by BrianMiller on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

This image breaks the fixed width forum layout on my browser (FF 3.5.7 on Ubuntu).
BrianMiller

Post by BrianMiller »

jonathan wrote:This image breaks the fixed width forum layout on my browser (FF 3.5.7 on Ubuntu).
Sorry, I think I got it fixed now.
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Thanks Brian,
I don't think I'd dear dremel it. I wo'nt have such viewer till nessary.
Was there an XC-1, and now it's replaced with XC-1A?
If so what was changed, just curious.
Thanks for picture, shows off this board nicely.
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

shawn wrote: Was there an XC-1, and now it's replaced with XC-1A?
XC-1A added flash and the ability to be externally powered.
BrianMiller

Post by BrianMiller »

shawn wrote:Thanks Brian,
I don't think I'd dear dremel it. I wo'nt have such viewer till nessary.
Was there an XC-1, and now it's replaced with XC-1A?
Thanks for picture, shows off this board nicely.
Looks like i got it worked out. Was able to remove some material to get it in the box, and it's working fine. It is kind of a hack job though. (couldn't find the dremel, used an xacto saw blade and some files)

I'll be using this for the horticulture stuff I'm working on. It'll be spending it's time outside. This box is ideal since it's waterproof, has a clear top and is pretty cheap (about 13 dollars, mf'd by Hammond Manufacturing). I'm going to have to poke some holes in it for various sensors though. I haven't designed anything that was suitable for use outdoors, so I'm not familiar with what design methods should be used to keep water out of the box and provide reliable connections for sensors.
ashleyb

Post by ashleyb »

BrianMiller wrote:I'll be using this for the horticulture stuff I'm working on. It'll be spending it's time outside. This box is ideal since it's waterproof, has a clear top and is pretty cheap (about 13 dollars, mf'd by Hammond Manufacturing). I'm going to have to poke some holes in it for various sensors though. I haven't designed anything that was suitable for use outdoors, so I'm not familiar with what design methods should be used to keep water out of the box and provide reliable connections for sensors.
I'd suggest using either waterproof (IP67) connectors (which can be very expensive) or waterproof grommets. I have a bunch of these http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HP0720 that I am planning on using in a similar style of box for an outdoor project (as soon as I figure out how I'm going to protect the temperature+humidity sensor that is on the end of the cable).
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

XMatt wrote:
shawn wrote: Was there an XC-1, and now it's replaced with XC-1A?
XC-1A added flash and the ability to be externally powered.
Thanks there XMatt. It looks like custumer service @ Xmos listens to it developers ; )
I like the fact is was bare minimum And now its better valued w/ basic nessessitys.
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

Just pass the cables through some holes and seal the holes with aquarium silicon glue.