XTAG2 and OS X - problems?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
sjalloq

XTAG2 and OS X - problems?

Post by sjalloq »

Anyone experiencing any problems when trying to use their XTAG2 under OS X?

I'm running 10.6.2 and can't get the XDE to download an application to the flash or to RAM. I can see the XTAG2 enumerate correctly but as soon as I try to download it disappears from the list of devices in USB Prober.

I can see the same behaviour from within the XDE. If I try and create a run configuration that runs on hardware, the "Device" list that usually shows the XTAG2 is empty. I can see it has enumerated successfully as it is listed in USB Prober, but as soon as I click on "Refresh list", it disappears from USB Prober.

Something ain't right. It worked intermittently over the last few days but was driving me nuts with how many times XDE would fail to connect and I'd have to unplug everything.

The only thing that I have changed was that I updated my USB kernel to the logging version. Apple supply a version of IOUSBFamily that enables USB logging. I tried this but it didn't seem very helpful and slowed down enumeration quite a bit so I reverted to the non-logging version.

Any thoughts?

___
Member++

Post by ___ »

Which version of the XMOS tools are you running? It sounds like the USB-JTAG device is not enumerating properly when the tools load the new firmware.
sjalloq

Post by sjalloq »

Hey,

sorry for the slow reply. I'm having broadband issues and have had to resort to an O2 3G modem - which actually seems more responsive than my sodding broadband.

Anyway, I'm running 9.9.2, build 1524.

Shareef.