Flashing LEDs on USB Dev Kit

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
sjalloq

Flashing LEDs on USB Dev Kit

Post by sjalloq »

Hey there,

I'm using the USB Audio dev kit and have been trying to get a simple HID keyboard working to try and better understand USB in general.

There are two LEDs on the board that I am currently not using and not driving in my code. When I try to run my binary from flash all is well (well, it enumerates but does sweet nothing after). When I try to run my binary as an application it fails and the LEDs toggle slowly. Is this a built in failure indicator?

Thanks.

otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

do you mind to post your code here?
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

This sounds like it is running the default firmware.

Is it enumerating as a HID device as you expect or is it coming up as a composite device? (This is what it will do on windows if you don't have the relevant drivers installed).

Running the code using XRUN should reset the device bring up your binary.

If you want to completely stop anything from the flash running then run XFlash and halfway through the process remove the XTAG programmer. This will corrupt the flash and stop the device booting from it.
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.