xCore-200 MC dev board own design - simple mute, possible?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Zed1970

xCore-200 MC dev board own design - simple mute, possible?

Post by Zed1970 »

Hi,

I need to add a basic mute to the spdif tx output of our custom board ( based on xCore-200 MC development board ). I've sorted all the user "mute" switch part and have a simple "chan mute" that can be used where needed 0 =audio, 1=mute. Question is where would the idea place be in the app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc demo code to make use of my mute bool? This is for spdif tx only.

Thanks.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Review AudioHwConfig() routine documented in section 6.6.4 of the USB Audio Design Guide. Looks like a sweet spot to insert your mute button.
Zed1970

Post by Zed1970 »

Hi mon2,

Thanks, getting the switch states not the problem - done that; what I'm trying to figure out is where I can "gate" the audio stream as it's a DIY mute switch ( no HID controls ). As an audio card the project still needs to stream music but the mute switch simple stops the spdif audio output. I tried in spdif_tx to gate the serial buffer feeding the spdif pin but something didn't like that idea and the debug balked at it.