XE/XU-216 without USB PHY Topic is solved

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
RitchRock
XCore Addict

XE/XU-216 without USB PHY

Post by RitchRock »

Hello,

Thus far I only have experience with design for a USB device with the XE/XU-216 chip. I would like to use the chip in a stand-alone application without USB PHY (for example, standalone ADAT to I2S). In the datasheet, section 10 describes the USB PHY. Should I simply leave all of these pins un-connected for this design? Thanks!

View Solution
fabriceo
XCore Addict

Post by fabriceo »

hi

if you leave them unconnected it means you would not use them in your application and you don't need them.
Then why not keeping the usb capability for your product, like for a firmware update in the field, or settings some parameters trough a CDC virtual com port
just some thoughts :)

that said, my understanding is that if you do not use the usb phy, then the corresponding one bit ports (E/F/G/H/I/J/K) becomes available on both tile.
hopefully we ll get an answer from the xmos team
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

I keep the USB_RTUNE 43R2 placed and keep the rest of the pins NC. I don't know if the RTUNE is even needed if USB isn't used. But all the other functions work fine with it there, so I left it.
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

akp wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 pm I keep the USB_RTUNE 43R2 placed and keep the rest of the pins NC. I don't know if the RTUNE is even needed if USB isn't used. But all the other functions work fine with it there, so I left it.
Thanks!