USB HID Host?

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
yzoer
XCore Addict

USB HID Host?

Post by yzoer »

Howdy all... Back from the dead...

I've been toying around with some stuff and was wondering if the xu200 is capable of playing host on one of its cores. Mainly interested in joysticks and what not but it looks like most of them are clients rather than hosts.

Downloading the new 'xTime Composer' as we speak and kinda dreading to see the change after many years, but still... the lure of having a full featured USB device and a handful of glue components makes it an enticing proposition.. If there are any host packages available, that is :-)

Yvo

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Welcome back Yvo!

USB host - well the situation is still as it was when you were last on the scene.

https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=10

In summary, there are some bits of code which would serve as a stepping stone towards what you want such as the Android example (eg. https://github.com/xcore/sc_android_aap ... bhost_lite) and the iPod dock code (which needs MFI approval to share) but no full USB host stack.

xCore 200 has the right machinery for it and plenty of RAM compared with XS1 devices, but no official component from Xmos currently..
yzoer
XCore Addict

Post by yzoer »

Thanks!

Hmmm, that's a bit of a bummer. There's a ton of client side stuff (well, sorta) from what I gather but given the stuff I'm interested in it would be awesome to have a host so I can plug in USB controllers. I also noticed the 'old' cores are getting scarcer and go for about the same price as the 'new' USB cores..

So one of the reasons I'm looking back at XMOS (again) is that it's allowed me to do some pretty nifty stuff with minimal hardware, which allowed me to shrink down a full-size Pacman cabinet down to a stick of gum, including joystick and buttons.

Anywho, I'll have a look at the client cores..

Yvo