New XMOS board

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
rp181
Respected Member

New XMOS board

Post by rp181 »

I thought it would be better to start a new thread instead of continuing in the "Trouble Routing" thread.

I had gotten my first batch of PCB's, and sent them out to someone to test. I used .4mm SMD board to board connectors for this, but I decided to forgo this in this next version. This version will have through hole breakouts. These holes can be Castellated (I plan on making both versions) to allow the soldering onto another PCB. This through hole version is actually smaller than the SMD connector one. It will not plug directly into the XTAG, as the board is too small to fit that. It has to be externally connected.
The entire PCB is 1.6"x0.8625" for the through hole version, and 1.6"x0.7625" for the castellated version. Here are some renders of the trough hole version (some silk screen did not render for some reason. The vias will also be tented)

One 8 bit port, 8 1 bit ports, and the 2b xlink that is used for the XTAG is available. TX and RX on the JTAG are not routed.

EDIT: I didn't realize the RX and TX pins were 1 bit ports, so I replaced two of the 1 bit ports with these. The through hole board was also changed to 1.6125"x0.9" to make it breadboard compatible. Castellated version is still the smaller version.

EDIT2: I understand the serial lines now, so its all good! Eagle files attached.

TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Looking good but I couldn't see any Eagle files attached
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Looking good! and lloking forward to ready to use boards!
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Odd, Here are the files again.
final_plan_moved_revised_BB.zip
(74.63 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
final_plan_moved_revised_BB.zip
(74.63 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Decided it would be better to just make the castellated version, and a breakout that is breadboard and XTAG compatible.

Any other suggestions?
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

rp181 wrote:Decided it would be better to just make the castellated version, and a breakout that is breadboard and XTAG compatible.

Any other suggestions?
I think that's a good move.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Excellent :D