xCORE ARRAY MICROPHONE board kernel source code and how to realize parallel processing

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
shanghaiwangyong
Member++

xCORE ARRAY MICROPHONE board kernel source code and how to realize parallel processing

Post by shanghaiwangyong »

Hello,

I have two questions about the xCORE ARRAY MICROPHONE board:
1. Where can I download the kernel code used by the board? Can I compile and flash the machine by myself?
2. How is the parallel processing of xmos realized? Is it realized through software or hardware? Is there any relevant information?

Best Regards,

Shanghaiwangyong

CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Re your second question, the parallel processing is provided in hardware. There is a lot of information on the xmos web site.
shanghaiwangyong
Member++

CousinItt wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:53 pm Re your second question, the parallel processing is provided in hardware. There is a lot of information on the xmos web site.
Is the parallel processing of the xcore.ai platform realized through software?
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

The xcore.ai (or XS3) also provides parallel processing through hardware. In addition, there is a FreeRTOS port coming in the sdk.
shanghaiwangyong
Member++

CousinItt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:15 am The xcore.ai (or XS3) also provides parallel processing through hardware. In addition, there is a FreeRTOS port coming in the sdk.
Is there any information about the implementation of hardware parallel processing? I did not find it .
CousinItt
Respected Member

Post by CousinItt »

Just look at the relevant data sheets or architecture documents. There is a lot of information available.
shanghaiwangyong
Member++

CousinItt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:14 pm Just look at the relevant data sheets or architecture documents. There is a lot of information available.
Thank you very much.