lib_xud Usage for multiple audio endpoints

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
jamesg

lib_xud Usage for multiple audio endpoints

Post by jamesg »

Hey all,

Dumb question her: if I wanted to implement two separate USB audio endpoints (so windows sound shows two unique audio devices) with 8 channels each and then mix those two 8 channel streams together, how would I go about defining the second endpoint?

Reading through this: lib_xud/doc/pdf/index.pdf, section 5 seems to suggest that the only benefit of the API is resource efficiency with asynchronous maintenance of both endpoints... am I missing something here?

In the xud_conf_example, we set up "#define XUD_EP_COUNT_OUT 1"... can this simply be pushed to "#define XUD_EP_COUNT_OUT 2" to define a second audio device for output?

Thanks in advance,
JG

tilde
Member++

Post by tilde »

I think, you must start with USB_Config_Descriptor_Audio2_t for audio class 2, or cfgDesc_Audio1 for audio class 1, and make audio descriptors for two separate devices, and after that handle every request, make buffers. It is so much many work, and xmos has limited resources, too. So this may not be possible.

I think it is simpler to use two xmoses over USB HUB.
With kind regards
Tilde
jamesg

Post by jamesg »

Ah, okay.

Thank you for the input. I'll see about a driver level solution instead then.
starkers

Post by starkers »

James, did you ever get anywhere with this. Facing the same issue and the documentation from xmos surrounding device enumeration is seemingly no existent.