two startKit and USB debugging

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
mhanuel
Member++

two startKit and USB debugging

Post by mhanuel »

Dear all,

I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

I want to connect two startKit together as suggested by Sethu http://www.xcore.com/questions/2150/can ... xmos-links.
I am not expecting to have a full debugger working using the USB as I know there are some limitations, but I wish to be able to load code and have basic printf redirection using USB for one of the startKit while the second one is executing some task and exchange data using streaming channels or other way with the main startKit.

I have several doubts about if this is feasible. A plus would be to be able to load code into flash to both devices at the same time. From sethu code, it seems both startKit have to be flashed separately and both need to power on at the same time, which would not be my case as I want to debug one of the startKits.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Best,

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

You can debug using the XTAG2, both boards at the same time, the JTAG chain covers both boards.
You can also use xSCOPE instead of JTAG for your printing if you prefer, it is less intrusive.
mhanuel
Member++

Post by mhanuel »

Hello Bianco,

Thanks for your answer,

What about these issues JTAG connection to StartKit and also wiki.

Could you please let me know if you have some workaround or way to use XTAG2 with startKit as you said please.

Appreciated,

Best,
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Oh I'm sorry, forget my previous reply, I thought it was about two slicekits, not sure how I missed that.

Yes debugging two startKITs will be a lot harder.