Member++

Post by AJB2K3 »

Phrewfuf wrote:Damn, there goes my plan on building an audio device :(

Thanks for the info, btw.
There is a dedicated devboard for that that cost $40 USD or £28UKP

Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

Hello!

I've made a file that maps the ports to their respective functions for all the slices and provides access to all of the pins on the startKIT.

Its pretty awesome.

https://github.com/funkyguy4000/XMOS-St ... _mapping.h

I also attached it to this post for easy access

If there are any problems with it, if you would please open an issue on github? That way we can keep everything in one single place. Then once everything is community verified, XMOS can import it to theirs.

Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markey1979
New User

Post by markey1979 »

@Lefty4000

Thanks for the header. Even though I only briefly glanced at the contents, it should make things a little easier. I have a serious question though:

Is there source for the pre-programmed example? It would be nice to see their implementation before I try and "kludge" one together.
Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

@markey1979

You mean an example for using the slices with the startKIT?
Not that I know of apart from the examples provided on XsoftTIP.

I only have an audio slice and I'm currently working on something in my free-time to interface that with the startKIT. If I ever get other slices, I'll certainly throw and example up there in the same repo.
connerlacy

Post by connerlacy »

Lefty4000 wrote:@markey1979

You mean an example for using the slices with the startKIT?
Not that I know of apart from the examples provided on XsoftTIP.

I only have an audio slice and I'm currently working on something in my free-time to interface that with the startKIT. If I ever get other slices, I'll certainly throw and example up there in the same repo.
That header is great...thanks.

Do you have an audio hello world with the startKit? I'm working on with the audio slice and start kit as well, and really struggling to get a basic setup.

I've run all the startKit examples, and have tried to translate the sliceKit audio demos to startKit, but to no avail.
Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

I'm working on one as we speak :)
I'm currently stuck at defining the I2S resources, since XC is kind of odd.
Once I get past that, I should have something really quickly after that.

What I did to get started with it was to write to the control registers of the audio slices. Specifically started with toggling the audio slice LED. Give it a try, if you need help with that, send me a message.
connerlacy

Post by connerlacy »

Lefty4000 wrote: Specifically started with toggling the audio slice LED. Give it a try, if you need help with that, send me a message.
Just got that going about 10 minutes ago... it's definitely encouraging to see the LED on the slice blink. Now I know I'm at least talking to it.
Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

Haha, totally agree.
I started a discussion thread so we could keep this thread less cluttered since it is a pretty broad topic, http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2519

If you have the LED blink thing goin, then I would start on defining the CS4270 registers and such
fosfor

Post by fosfor »

Bianco wrote:The device used on the startkit is a 2-tile 16-logical core device (XS1-A16A-128-FB217) from which one tile and the USB interface is dedicated to the debugging interface.
A16A has uncompatible package-pins with one used on startKIT. I suppose XS1-U16A-128-FB217 is used on the startKIT.
Lefty4000

Post by Lefty4000 »

A16A has uncompatible package-pins with one used on startKIT. I suppose XS1-U16A-128-FB217 is used on the startKIT.
The startKIT actually uses its own custom chip. One that has its own voltage regulators internal to the chip which allows for the startKIT to be as cheap as it is.

I believe it to be based off of the XS1-A8A-64 which only has 8 cores at 500MIPS. This is because of what is stated in the startKIT hardware manual on page 3