Can anyone pull my head out of the clouds

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

The SRAM is used for the buffer.

Leon

DrFingersSchaefer
Experienced Member

Post by DrFingersSchaefer »

seulater

If it's any consolation I fully understand the wading through treacle feeling, and the when do I get to be productive with this, frustration.

Your observation about the documentation is I think well made, it does give every indication of being written by the truly knowledgeable.

Coming at it form the direction of someone who is'nt I fall repeatedly into holes or absences that might other wise help me forward. Perhaps things that are truly obvious if you have the full information inside your head already.

It is a bit like a string vest. Clearly it is a vest and it has all the shape if you know where to look, bits of it though are clearly missing.

I think a few more diagrams, particularly to describe the bits that are unique to XMOS would be helpful, if only to boot strap a learners ability to visualise mentally what is happening.

Oh and documentation for xas and xmap, and the other command line tools too.

The guys here, though as you can see are great and really helpful.

Hang in there, I have not got there either yet, but feel it will be worth while if I can. Some of the questions you have asked and the answers you have got have been a great help to me and will be to other newcomers too.
"Dr Fingers Schaefer, The Lobotomy Kid"
Caesar ad sum iam forti
Brutus ad erat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at
:ugeek:
seulater
Member++

Post by seulater »

Thanks for the encouragement. I have read quite allot of the last couple days. It still mind blowing how these guys picked this up so seemingly easy / quick. I need to see more simple examples like the 2 i asked to see to help me move along to a fuller understanding.
Until then, i am going to have to go to PIC32 to finish up my project and i will come back here down the road to see if XMOS has come out with a more clearer manual of some sort.
Jerry
Member++

Post by Jerry »

Heater wrote: Can't say if this code actually works. Not that I don't do debugging but I don't have any XMOS hardware yet. I pretty confident about it though.
Your code looks reasonable, but I don't see where you're writing the operation code (read or write) to the channel in ram_write() and ram_read().
Heater
Respected Member

Post by Heater »

Jerry, Well spotted. I have just edit that post adding the sending of read/write op.