New 1.1. release of OpenVE for OpenComRTOS

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

New 1.1. release of OpenVE for OpenComRTOS

Post by jason »

Quote from website article:
Altreonic has released v. 1.1 of its OpenVE for OpenComRTOS. This version was improved to better support heterogeneous target systems and has an easier interface to the host server. The Win32 version is available free of charge from our download section. OpenVE now supports a growing number of embedded targets as well (in Single Processor and Multi-Processor versions).

The current list includes: Xilinx MicroBlaze, Leon3, ARM Cortex M3 and the multi-core XMOS

In a demo set-up, boards with all supported targets were seamlessly programmed and demonstrated.
The port to the 32bit XMOS chip will still in development, is unique as well. The XMOS chip actually contains 4 CPU cores, each with 64 KBytes of local memory. Each core can support up to 4 hardware threads at 100 MHz, providing a total of 1600 Mips. On the XMOS chips these threads can also be programmed for I/O, e.g. a UART of Ethernet MAC. The architecture however allows us to assign these I/O threads to any node we want so that the total processing power is not effected by I/O operations. While on the XMOS chips all cores are connected through fast on-chip point-to-point "channels", the XMOS chip also has off-chip links so that the system can be scaled up !pr down) with as many processors as needed. On a single core, the semaphore loop on the XMOS chip comes in at 26.8 microseconds (@100 MHz). Total memory requirements in the XMOS also modest. A full OpenComRTOS application was measured to take on 7062 bytes of program memory.
View the full article here to learn more. Discuss below!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.