XCore Pass The Parcel:A bit of fun, winners, rules, parcels

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

And it is not even related to electronics ! :)

Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

What doesn't everyone here need a trucking service?

But seriously these stammers are beginning to really tick me off im constantly deleting posts :|
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

They are getting quite cheeky. You need a captcha to even sign up now (we would be getting a lot more otherwise!) Same for the PM system. Unfortunately we are of the size where we are a good target to sell trucks to = pretty sizeable forum. You know you have really made it when you get something other than trucks on your forum. :-p
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Jason... you are forgetting the "fembots" from some weeks ago looking for... what were they looking for again ?... bad advertisement when one cannot remember the product :)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

lol :-)
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

Whoah-- TWO parcels??? At once?? What happens when they're both passed to the same person...? :shock:
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

haha then that person is potentially very lucky! The MondayMadness parcel only appears every Monday.
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

jason wrote:The MondayMadness parcel only appears every Monday.
Wait -- so, the MondayMadness parcel happens EVERY Monday? Not just randomly selected Mondays?

I'm failing to comprehend how you are able to keep this up -- mind you, I love the idea, but those XC-1A's are $100 each....

Don't tell me that somewhere, there's a huge warehouse full of millions of XC-1(or 2)A boards!! :o
Vaati

Post by Vaati »

One question: If you get the parcel, and you actually win the contents, if it goes past it's "automatically passed" expiration date, what happens? Does it get passed, awarding the next person the contents until they are claimed?
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

Vaati wrote:One question: If you get the parcel, and you actually win the contents, if it goes past it's "automatically passed" expiration date, what happens? Does it get passed, awarding the next person the contents until they are claimed?
I believe you have to log in and notice it before it expires, otherwise it goes to the next person (and so on...). Obviously you're more likely to miss the Monday Madness parcel (since you have to be logged in and load a non-forum page within 30 mins of getting it), but checking in once a day for the regular parcel isn't too bad.

Edit: Fixed baffling grammar.