I've updated the pass the parcel system so that the XCorebot alerts me to "loops" created when people pass between them too often and disqualifies them from winning parcels - you're all brilliant people so I'm sure any alerts I get would be an accident, but I've put it in place just in case spammers try to capitalise on it.
How does this bit of fun work?
Simple: You get a chance of winning a prize every 2^n passes of the parcel (from some given starting power of 2 - dependant on parcel) until all prizes allocated to that parcel have been used up.
After each win something new will be put in the parcel to be won next time if there is more than 1 prize allocated - it could be a dev kit, it could be a tshirt - keep an eye on the front page (near the bottom right) to find out what is currently in the parcel and who has it. You may want to give them a poke to pass it on (you will need to be signed in to view these details).
You will only know if you have been given the parcel if you are signed in and then visit any page that ISNT part of the forum or the wiki.
You will be alerted if you are the parcel holder, and a parcel icon Parcel Icon will appear at the top right of the page (next to the RSS feed icon).
The more often parcels are passed, the faster prizes will be won! After a given amount of time (see parcel details on the front page) the parcel will automatically be given to someone else, so pass that parcel on fast!
This is not open to XMOS employees, in the event a winning parcel should be sent to an XMOS employee, it will be passed on to another user on XCore.com with the winnings rolling over to the next winner.
Also, lets be fair and give everyone a chance, if we notice constant circular swapping going on, parcel may be sent on to someone else at Administrator's discretion.
- It is in your interest to pass the parcel to someone who is currently on-line rather than a friend - you can see who is on-line by looking at the bottom of the forum homepage or by looking at the footer on the front page which will show the 20 most recent signed in on-line people (if more than 20 on-line) - you will need to be signed in to see this or else you will see "newest members" instead.
- If you know the person who currently is holding the parcel, might be a good idea to let them know, or remind them to pass it on!
- Remember you will only know if you have a parcel by visiting a NON Forum/Wiki page of XCore.com and you must be signed in to discover the parcel.
Do you have something to give away in a parcel?
Great, we would love to hear from companies (or individuals) who would like to sponsor their own parcel even if it has just one prize no matter how big or small. Please contact the site administrator to discuss this - we can theme your parcel up accordingly.
Parcels + Winners so far:
XCore Parcel (sponsored by XMOS):
1) Berni - XMOS Stickers
2) Berni - XMOS Tshirt
3) Jonathan -> donated to Segher: XK-1 development kit
4) Skoe - XMOS book of choice + a XMOS tshirt
5) F_Petrini -> donated to ?: XC1-A development kit
6) BSmithyman - XK1 kit + XK1 Bluetooth Module
7) lilltroll - XC1-A development kit + SparkFun Beginner Parts Kit
8) bsmithyman - SparkFun Sensor Kit v2 worth $200 - check out its contents!
9) DanB - SparkFun Sensor Kit v2 + XC1A Dev kit, total worth $300!
10) Low Cost AVB Audio Endpoint Kit - worth $350!
Monday Madness Parcel(sponsored by XMOS will only appear on some Mondays - keep a look out for it!):
1) Nassim - XMOS XS1 Architecture Book
2) Bsmithyman - Programming XC on XMOS Devices Book
3) Jonathan -> donated to ThomasG - 16x2 Character LCD - Red on Black 5V
4)Nassim - XC-2 Development kit
5)Segher - XC-2 Development kit
6)Folknology XK1 + SD Card Module + Control Module
7)Octal - SparkFun Tool Kit (Deluxe) + XC1A Dev Kit
8)folknology- Pure i20 iPod docking station + XMOS XC1-A development kit.
Saleae Parcel (sponsored by Saleae):
1) Berni - a very sexy Saleae Logic USB Logic Analyzer - get passing! A great big thanks to Saleae for sponsoring this parcel!
XCore Party Parcel (sponsored by XMOS):
This parcel is spontaneously released when we reach great community milestones!
1) Danb - SparkFun Force Sensitive Resistor - Square
2) RogerH - DSO Nano V2 - Pocket-Sized Digital Oscilloscope
XMOS sponsored parcel winner's prizes will be sent out when we have a few prizes to send out - that way it is more efficient our end - so please be patient.
UPDATE: I have noticed a few people who have signed up for multiple accounts to try and sway the XCoreBot to pass them the parcel if it "expires" and is automatically given to someone else. Needless to say, the XCoreBot has noticed you (it is easy to spot) and the bot will now start to ignore you if you do this.