Thanks everyone for your submissions, there certainly were some interesting ones!
This competition is now closed and the winner was:
His 10-word project idea, chosen by XMOS Chief Operating Officer, Mark Lippett, was:
How about building 6DOF Stewart platform real time motion controller
There were some excellent project ideas, and we encourage you all to set these up in the Project section of the community. We have a special Project Idea category so you can have it set up there before you actually start any work towards your goal.
Thanks again to everyone who entered and watch this space for more competitions and offers from XMOS.
This is certainly no April Fools joke! We are giving away a brand new xCORE Analog SliceKIT to a single lucky winner!
For a chance to win this prize all you need to do is tell us what you will use it for... in only 10 words.
What do I need to do?
Take a look at the xCORE Analog product page (http://www.xmos.com/xcoreanalog) or the Product Brief (http://www.xmos.com/published/xcore-ana ... ion=latest)
Decide on a project that would best utilise the features of the board.
Post a reply in this thread which tells us what your project will be in only 10 words.
What will happen to my application?
We will look at everyone's ideas and our own engineering team will pick a winner.
We will then inform everyone of the winner and send the lucky person their xCORE Analog SliceKIT.
Only project ideas that are EXACTLY 10 words will be accepted. If your entry is even 1 word too little or too large, it will not be counted.
Whilst we encourage people to word their entries creatively to hit this hard word count, use of text-speak is not allowed.
The competition will close Friday 11th April, and we will announce the winner by the 16th of April.
1. The XMOS win an Analog sliceKIT (the "Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who complete the requirements of the rules.
2. Employees or agencies of XMOS Ltd ("XMOS", "We") its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Draw may not enter the Draw.
3. Entrants into the Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. By submitting any personal information you agree to receive emails from XMOS containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every communication that we send.
5. To enter the Draw you must reply to the competition thread with you 10 word project idea. You project idea must be exactly 10 words to be valid. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Win an Analog sliceKIT" in the subject line.
6. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. XMOS accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by XMOS.
8. The closing date for the competition is 12:00 GMT on 11th April 2014. Entries received outside this time period may not be considered.
9. Incomplete entries may not be considered.
10. Judging will take place between 14 April 2014 and 16 April 2014.
12. The winner will receive an XMOS Analog sliceKIT.
13. XMOS accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
14. Prize will be sent to the winner by post.
15. The name and country of the winner can be obtained after 18 April 2014 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: XMOS Ltd, Prudential Buildings, 11-19 Wine Street, Bristol BS1 2PH, UK.
16. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
18. XMOS accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Draw or accepting the prize. XMOS further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of XMOS for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. XMOS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Draw with or without prior notice if in its absolute discretion, it is deemed necessary, for any reason whatsoever. The decision of XMOS in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. XMOS shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. The Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Promoter: XMOS Ltd, Prudential Buildings, 11-19 Wine Street, Bristol BS1 2PH, UK.