Beta release of new xTIMEcomposer Studio tools

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

If you take a look at the Xmos site there appears to be new documentation describing new XC features :

http://www.xmos.com/support/documentation?category=xtools&subcategory=Programming%20in%20C%20and%20XC

Just been taking a look myself, excellent stuff.

*Update some really good new features safe pointers,interfaces, combineable/distrubutable functions most excellent, well done Xmos team!

regards
Al

Ali
Member++

Post by Ali »

Hi Tim,

We're putting finishing touches to documentation and examples to accompany the beta, these will be published in the next couple of days.

Thanks
Ali
tescott

Post by tescott »

Ali wrote:Hi Tim,

We're putting finishing touches to documentation and examples to accompany the beta, these will be published in the next couple of days.

Thanks
Ali
Good stuff. I've been going through the docs that Al posted about so those are helping.

Thanks,
--tim
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

I don't know what the rules for the beta progam are, so I'll just post here for now.

I tried to install on my Ubuntu 64bit machine which now runs 12.2. It hangs on the logon screen an completely crashes after a while.

Should I log a support ticket?
kris
Experienced Member

Post by kris »

Yep, if you could log a report ticket, stating which version of ubuntu you are using, then we'll take a look.

Cheers,
Kris.
pstnotpd
XCore Addict

Post by pstnotpd »

pstnotpd wrote: I tried to install on my Ubuntu 64bit machine which now runs 12.2. It hangs on the logon screen an completely crashes after a while.
From a quick reply from support I can confirm this is the same known issue on Ubuntu 13.04 as was apparent on 12.2. It can be fixed as described in te FAQ.

I hope 13.0.0 proper will have a more permanent fix.

EDIT: Just implemented the full workaround with pango and glib. The beta is now fully operational
Ali
Member++

Post by Ali »

Hi all,

There is now a document online describing the new multicore extensions to C: https://www.xmos.com/support/documentat ... nent=17091

Ali
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Thanks Ali

Can be downloaded as a PDF which is handy.

I also found some code examples which are handy for downloading.

regards
Al
JasonWhiteman

Post by JasonWhiteman »

"Updates to xSCOPE to make it simpler to instrument your applications and access real time data from within your code at runtime."

This one is interesting. I took a look at the audio example for setting up xSCOPE and ran for cover under my more conventional debug techniques due to the perceived lift of getting xSCOPE off the ground.

Regards,
Jason Whiteman