First 25 users to get > 512 activity points win an XK-1A!

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

shawn wrote:First to 2^10 should be interesting.
We could make a cool gift for that horse.
At that point we could have a site party.
Exchange gifts idea's make friends.
Your confusion rewards you, lil, keep on
the latency issue. Preprosses is where
XMOS Shines & Sparkles.
Well Jason has 855 points and Al Woods is closing up from behind.

As we speak two new XMOS users in Sweden tries to install their USB Audio 2.0 Kit.

One of the users says strange words to me in conjunction with the word "C++".
The other guy will focus on the analog part of the hardware with a background from Sweden largest loudspeaker company.

Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Congrats lilltroll!

Just a heads up to people - I am probably going to wait until there are a few people who have passed the 512 mark so we can send them out in a few batches (eg of 5 or so).

Can people who have won one send me a personal message with their name and address to send to so I can start making a list. Or if you would prefer to email me these details then please let me know in the message.

Cheers.
johanar

Post by johanar »

Is this competition still going? As a student, winning an XK-1 would be an ideal way to get to try out the XMOS platform :D
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

johanar wrote:Is this competition still going? As a student, winning an XK-1 would be an ideal way to get to try out the XMOS platform :D
Its not a competition as such, more of a reward for those who are helping build the xcores.com community.

Xmos does run competitions from time to time:

www.xmos.com/challenge/
letsmakerobots.com/node/8617
www.xmos.com/foostech

I'm sure Xmos will have more competitions and product promotions in the near future.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Indeed, so far 2 users have reached the goal, so there are 23 kits left to go. Welcome to the site by the way :-)

Also dont forget about project of the month. If you are nominated and win project of the month you also get an XK1. See the projects sub forum for more details.
johanar

Post by johanar »

Well I didn't mean literately a competition, but as long as people don't join and spam the board I think it's pretty much the same.

Either way I think it's a good idea. You encourage people to join XCore and get the site started, the "winners" will hopefully build some cool designs that they post videos of and so on. Well you probably already knew that.

Lots of points to go though, so I haven't really got any expectations. But you'll never know. In the meanwhile I'll just focus on getting some activity in the Robot Group.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Congrats to TonyD who has also broken the 512 mark!
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

johanar wrote:Well I didn't mean literately a competition, but as long as people don't join and spam the board I think it's pretty much the same.

Either way I think it's a good idea. You encourage people to join XCore and get the site started, the "winners" will hopefully build some cool designs that they post videos of and so on. Well you probably already knew that.

Lots of points to go though, so I haven't really got any expectations. But you'll never know. In the meanwhile I'll just focus on getting some activity in the Robot Group.
Indeed I review posts by people to ensure they haven't just spammed the site with one word answers or such. :)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Congrats to Berni who has just passed the 512 barrier too!
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Jason, just to let you know my XK-1 and XTAG2 arrived safely, yippee :)