For example: the Monday Madness parcel is 17 passes away from being won and has only climbed 4 passes in the past month.
Considering over 512 passes are now needed for some parcels to be won, we have decided that something has to be done to save it from becoming a stale, useless prize as the number of passes will only ever get bigger and bigger.
Therefore we'd like to hear your ideas about new competitions you'd like to see on XCore and also what prizes you'd like to win!
We're opening the board to any suggestion you have as you'll be the one with a chance of winning stuff!
Do you want to keep the Pass the Parcel, reset the count, or have you got a better idea?
UPDATE - 23/09/2011
I'm writing down a list of things that I'll present at our next web team meeting as ideas and suggestions from the community. So far I have:
- Software and hardware separate competitions
- Dev kits as prizes for software
- Alternative prizes or an amount, such as $100 of xmos kit for winners of more advanced competitions
- Better rewards for github and tutorials wiki contribution
- Smaller, more frequent prizes such as xmos swag
- Different level competitions so everyone can enter
- Previous winner picks new competition to add some variety