Congratulations to BEBDigitalAudio who is this months winner for his Socket based TCP/UDP network stack (XSOCKETS) project who will get $100 worth of XMOS kit!
A quote from BEBDigitalAudio's project is as follows:
Once again well done to BEBDigitalAudio, please do check out his project here!"Since I was not satisfied with the current XCore WinSock project, I decided to write this new wrapper around the XTCP stack.
This wrapper has the following characteristics :
- socket based (one socket = one listener port or one sender port)
- independent data buffer for each socket
- based on a modified/enhanced XTCP/UIP stack
- asynchronous connection between sockets thread and applications
- UDP listener sockets are able to report sender's IP address and source port
- multiple message buffering for each socket
- faster implementation than XTCP (polling period set to 1ms)"
Looking towards April, please submit your nominations to the main POTM thread here (please ensure criteria are met detailed in this post if you wish to be considered).