xC and Wikipedia

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
aclassifier
Respected Member

xC and Wikipedia

Post by aclassifier »

The xC Wikipedia page was "redirected with history" in Oct. 2020. Which basically means "deleted", pointing to the XMOS page instead. They had their good reasons for this.

I have started a conversation about this at Missing article on the xC programming language. I guess this is a very interesting read if you are interested in the theme.

I can try to make a new page, it could inherit some from the old and be much more "lexical" - but it would have to be approved by Wikipedia.

Such an article would need to try to balance the small amount of external references with intellectual "importantness". They say that the fact that xC is proprietary is not a problem. But, as I have pointed out, that is part or start of the problem. Simply because academia will have problems getting funding for anything like this. Even if xC was partly developed in the academia.

According to the Wikipedia XMOS page then XMOS was founded by Ali Dixon, James Foster, Noel Hurley, David May, and Hitesh Mehta. We have David May's (home page) - but the Research links there are not meaningful. I guess also Ali Dixon has some. I don't know about the background of the others. But of course, if there is any trace of any initial academic work here, great!

I don't think any new attempted xC page will be approved if we don't at least have a few references to something external. Of course it's open for other people to edit such a page. I guess it would have to be a joint venture!

Should any such page keep the old "XC" name? Or should it be "xC"?

Old "redirected" page: XC (programming language).

Now, any external xC references?

--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/
aclassifier
Respected Member

Post by aclassifier »

--
Øyvind Teig
Trondheim (Norway)
https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/