Connection to xmos.com terminated

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
rbarreiros

Connection to xmos.com terminated

Post by rbarreiros »

Hello,

I'm having problems with xTimeComposer on Windows 10 (latest) whenever it tries to reach xmos.com, Home, examples, libraries etc, I keep getting the same error:

"The connection to xmos.com has terminatedunexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred"

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Are you still facing this issue? Can you try again with a fresh install of the toolchain? Perhaps a temp problem related to your provider. Please post your updates.
rbarreiros

Post by rbarreiros »

Hi

Yes the problem remains, I'll try a reinstall, I believe it's not a provider issue as everything else works except xtimecomposer. Already made sure proxies are off, preference with ssl verification enabled and disable doesn't make any change.
I couldn't register the application using my login, it keeps saying wrong login even when I'm sure it's the right login (tested multiple times in xmos.com account) and had to register using the key instead (present in my xmos.com account page).

Thanks for the help.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Ok. Let me ask the higher powers at XMOS for help to investigate.
rbarreiros

Post by rbarreiros »

Hi,

The problem remains, whenevr I try to login through xTimecomposer the first time after install, I always get an "Invalid tools key: Invalid Username or Password" although I'm 100% sure it's correct, I use exactly the same credentials to login into xmos.com, there I get the tools key which I use instead of the login (sign in offline), it starts, but then, every access I try within xTimecomposer to xmos.com give the error "The connection to xmos.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred".

Thanks.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Please review the ideas here:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=4664
rbarreiros

Post by rbarreiros »

Before starting this thread I tried that, I searched pretty much all I could in this forum and google that might have anything related to the issue, and tried many sugestions, cache cleaning, all the stuff related to the keys in the topic you just mentioned, etc, and the result is always the same...

Might it be because my account is really really old ? It was created years agor when xmos started supplying the first xmos startkit.

Thanks for the help.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. No. Age is just a number :)

My account is at least 10 years old and still works.

Can you just create a fresh account? Believe that will be a quick fix. Use a fresh email account and start again. Really should not be this difficult to use their free tools.

Does that work?

Have emailed XMOS to review this thread but guessing the response will follow on Monday.
rbarreiros

Post by rbarreiros »

Will try that after lunch.
Thanks
rbarreiros

Post by rbarreiros »

Created a new account, and the problem persists, can't login with the new account login details.