xFlash error Error : cannot find xdbg_getDeviceInfo in xdbg_api.so

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Wavelength
Experienced Member

xFlash error Error : cannot find xdbg_getDeviceInfo in xdbg_api.so

Post by Wavelength »

All,

So I have some things to resolve, but my XU208 is running and I want to do some testing on a board that doesn't look like Frankenstein.

Of course like others getting xFlash to work inside of xTime is a waste of time. So I am in the macOS terminal and I keep getting this error from xFlash. Though I can debug all day long inside of xTime:

Error : cannot find xdbg_getDeviceInfo in xdbg_api.so

Thanks,
Gordon

Wavelength Audio, ltd.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi Gordon. Found this which may help:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=4308
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

Kumar,

Thanks but I am on 14.12 and this was fixed in 14.11. I may go into Security and see if that is the issue.

Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.
Wavelength
Experienced Member

Post by Wavelength »

All,
Gate Keeper will limit what can be run to apps from the Apple Store or known developers. You can add the "anywhere" option by this terminal command:
sudo spctl --master-disable
After that the System Preferences->Security will add "Anywhere" to the list of available applications.
You will also need to add the explicit run parameter "./" when running xFlash so ./xFlash (options).
Remember to work out of the Terminal Window you created with the SetEnv command.

Another note... 14.1.2 which is what you are suppose to use to develop UAC2 products... well those xFlash don't work. You have to 14.3.3.
~~~
bash-3.2$ xflash --factory ~/xFinal/XU208WA/bin/modx3.xe
Warning: F03098 Factory image and boot loader cannot be write-protected on flash device on node 0
xflash: Warning: F03148 --quad-spi-clock not given, using default 15.62MHz
xflash: Warning: F03149 QE_REGISTER and/or QE_BIT locations not found in XN file for this flash device. Using default quad_spi_qe_location_status_reg_0 and quad_spi_qe_bit_6.
Site 0 has finished successfully.
bash-3.2$
~~~

Ok there you go!
Thanks,
Gordon
Wavelength Audio, ltd.