console doesn't show IP address when using DHCP

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
moh_algoblan
Member++

console doesn't show IP address when using DHCP

Post by moh_algoblan »

I'm working on a small project consisting sending/receiving data on Ethernet. so I wanted to study "Using XMOS TCP/IP Library for UDP-based Networking" example and run in on my Xcore 200. the problem when I run is the console doesn't show the IP address of my device, which I need to send data from my host PC.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. The issue may be due to the example appnote was developed for an earlier kit than what you own. That is, the XCORE-200 (which is the latest kit) will feature different port names / mappings which may be throwing off the original TCP/IP code.

Please review and test the following updated version for XCORE-200 kit as the target:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=4721

Please post your updates.
moh_algoblan
Member++

Post by moh_algoblan »

mon2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:19 pm Hi. The issue may be due to the example appnote was developed for an earlier kit than what you own. That is, the XCORE-200 (which is the latest kit) will feature different port names / mappings which may be throwing off the original TCP/IP code.

Please review and test the following updated version for XCORE-200 kit as the target:

https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=4721

Please post your updates.
Thank you and sorry for taking long to reply.
so the port mappings will be something like :

Code: Select all

rgmii_ports_t rgmii_ports = on tile[1]: RGMII_PORTS_INITIALIZER;
clock clk = on tile[0]: XS1_CLKBLK_1;

port p_smi_mdio   = on tile[1]: XS1_PORT_1C;
port p_smi_mdc    = on tile[1]: XS1_PORT_1D;
port p_eth_reset  = on tile[1]: XS1_PORT_1N;

and the main function will be:

Code: Select all

int main(void) {
  chan c_xtcp[1];
  ethernet_cfg_if i_eth_cfg[NUM_CFG_CLIENTS];
  ethernet_rx_if i_eth_rx[NUM_ETH_CLIENTS];
  ethernet_tx_if i_eth_tx[NUM_ETH_CLIENTS];
  streaming chan c_rgmii_cfg;
  smi_if i_smi;
  par {
    // MII/ethernet driver
      on tile[1]: rgmii_ethernet_mac(i_eth_rx, NUM_ETH_CLIENTS, i_eth_tx, NUM_ETH_CLIENTS,
                     null, null,
                     c_rgmii_cfg, rgmii_ports,
                     ETHERNET_DISABLE_SHAPER);

on tile[1].core[0]: rgmii_ethernet_mac_config(i_eth_cfg, NUM_CFG_CLIENTS, c_rgmii_cfg);
    // SMI/ethernet phy driver
    on tile[1].core[0]: ar8035_phy_driver(i_smi, i_eth_cfg[CFG_TO_PHY_DRIVER]);

on tile[1]: smi(i_smi, p_smi_mdio, p_smi_mdc);

// TCP component
    on tile[1]: xtcp(c_xtcp, 1, null,
            i_eth_cfg[0], i_eth_rx[0], i_eth_tx[0],
                     null, ETHERNET_SMI_PHY_ADDRESS,
                     null, otp_ports, ipconfig);
    // The simple udp reflector thread
    on tile[0]: udp_reflect(c_xtcp[0]);

}
  return 0;
}

actually it took me long to reply because I ran into a problem with the updated code, when I build it this error will show up:
C:/Users/Mohammed/workspace/lib_xtcp/src/xtcp.xc: Error: Type of symbol `_Sxtcp_0' has mismatch with previous definition:
I tried to run this project (this), it works but it doesn't show any results (not even the IP configuration I've chosen).
moh_algoblan
Member++

Post by moh_algoblan »

update 1:
after cleaning the first code then rebuilding it again everything works just fine, but the console doesn't show any results just like the second code.
I'm not really sure if that is how it supposed to be with Ethernet RGMII interface, unlike the old Ethernet mapping, the console doesn't show the IP address or the IP chosen IP configuration.

update 2:
finally it worked out when I used the debugger instead, I don't know what's the difference, because when I run it as usual the console doesn't show anything.