AVB/Milan endpoint module

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
fabra

AVB/Milan endpoint module

Post by fabra »

Hi folks,
I've build an avb endpoint module that can be manufactured in small series now. Thought it could be interesting for some of you, too.
It is based on the AVB reference design. My desire was to optimise the form factor and to provide flexible IO options like ADAT, SPDIF, AES3, analog, ...
More information can be found on my homepage/webshop: www.joyned.online
Looking forward to get some feedback.
Cheers,
Fabian
Last edited by fabra on Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Looks cool. I see you support Milan interoperability specification ... just wondering if this code is up on github or if it's proprietary?
fabra

Post by fabra »

AAF support is available here: https://github.com/fabra/lib_tsn/tree/aaf/and I started to work on CRF. For full Milan support there is a lot of work left to do, but it is a starting point.
The code above can be run on the standard XMOS eval board.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Super, thank you. I am not fully up on Milan, does it specify 32 bit AAF only? I'd be most interested in 24 bit AAF.
fabra

Post by fabra »

Yes, Milan specifies 32Bit AAF. So I would recommend to use that format in your system as well. What would be the reason for you tuse use 24Bit?

(However, addding support for 24Bit AAF should be straight forward, if really needed.)
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

The reason I would be interested in 24 bit AAF is to pack 30% more channels in the same 100 Mbps daisy chain my hardware already supports. My effective number of bits is around 20 best case so I really don't need more than 24 bit transport.
chchyong89

Post by chchyong89 »

fabra wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:36 pm Hi folks,
I've build an avb endpoint module that can be manufactured in small series now. Thought it could be interesting for some of you, too.
It is based on the AVB reference design. My desire was to optimise the form factor and to provide flexible IO options like ADAT, SPDIF, AES3, analog, ...
More information can be found on my homepage/webshop: www.joyned.online
Looking forward to get some feedback.
Cheers,
Fabian
this looks cool, the price is for the hardware only or a piece of simple source code to enabled AVB will be provided?
fabra

Post by fabra »

The module is delivered with flashed software.
You can build your own software based on XMOS' AVB reference design.

If you are interested to run your own software on it, we can discuss options. Please feel free to send me a PN.
romansavrulin
New User

Post by romansavrulin »

Hi, fabra. I see the code on GitHub is gone. Does it still available anywhere for educational purposes?
fabra

Post by fabra »

Unfortunately we can not share the project open source any longer, since we have put tons of effort into full Milan compliance into it.
But happy to answer your specific questions.