Hi, folks

First time on the site? Say hello here!
jamesd

Hi, folks

Post by jamesd »

Hi folks, my name is James. I'm working on some research and development to make use of the XMOS platform for control and measurement on digital networks. My experience with low-level development is fairly limited, or took a bit of a snooze while I worked in technical support for most of the last decade, but I hope to find my feet with this architecture soon and make some cool stuff happen.

I've been having some fun with the IDE and the components over the last couple of weeks and have embarked on my first projects - have run into a few difficulties here and there, but nothing life-endangering (yet). I may have to issue a few pleas for help before much longer though!

All the best,
J

DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

jamesd wrote:Hi folks, my name is James. I'm working on some research and development to make use of the XMOS platform for control and measurement on digital networks. My experience with low-level development is fairly limited, or took a bit of a snooze while I worked in technical support for most of the last decade, but I hope to find my feet with this architecture soon and make some cool stuff happen.

I've been having some fun with the IDE and the components over the last couple of weeks and have embarked on my first projects - have run into a few difficulties here and there, but nothing life-endangering (yet). I may have to issue a few pleas for help before much longer though!

All the best,
J
Hi James, welcome to XCore! As you can see, I'm a newcomer round here (and also to the XMOS come to that!). It's a great community here and I'm sure the more knowledgeable guys will have problems you have covered quickly enough :) Just a quick heads up that if you ever need help more timely I'd recommend checking out the IRC channel... That was very useful to me when I first learned of the XMOS and wanted some basic (mainly architecture related) questions answering.

Enjoy your stay! :)

Dan.